Some of the top fundraisers we see — by both popularity and money earned — are fun runs. What is a fun run, you ask? A walk or run, sometimes themed, which typically either requires a participation fee or asks students to find sponsors to pay per lap completed.
Is it for you? Take a look. Here’s the run-down. (Yes, pun intended.)
How do fun runs raise money?
• Registration or participation fees
• Participant-raised funds:
Pledges per minute or lap
• Corporate sponsorships
• Concessions stand
• Event apparel and swag:
Glow bundles (for glow runs)
• Post-run meals, like a spaghetti dinner or dessert stand
How much does a fun run fundraiser make?
Based on data from Cheddar Up collections, the nationwide average is $5,330, and the highest raised is a whopping $40,530!
Cheddar Up Fun Run Collections on average raise
Cheddar Up Fun Run Collections have raised up to:
What are the benefits of a fun run?
• Promote health and wellness
• Build community
• Raise money without managing items and inventory
• Have fun!
How far is a fun run?
• 100 m dash
• 1 mile
• As many laps around the track completed in an allotted time frame
I’m convinced, I want to do it
Check out these fun run collection examples on our school fundraising group page. Once you’re inspired, our collection builder makes it a breeze!